Technical requirements include:
- ExpressionEngine 2
- Morphine CP theme addon
- PHP 5.2+
- A modern browser: Firefox, Safari, Google Chrome or IE8+
- Download the latest version of NSM Reports.
- Extract the .zip file to your desktop
themes/third_party(you may need to create the
- Install Morphine CP theme addon
The download includes sample reports to get you started. The following reports have been bundled with NSM Reports:
- Channels: Simple Demo
- Demonstrates a simple report example by retrieving all channel titles
- Channels: Complex Demo
- Demonstrates a complex report example by retrieving all channel titles and providing configuration options to users
- Log into your control panel
- Browse to
Addons → Extensions
- Enable all the NSM Reports components
- Configure the extension settings
- Report path
- The directory that reports will be located in. If this is blank then NSM Reports will use
system/expressionengine/third_party/nsm_reports/reportsas the default fallback location.
- Generated reports path
- This is the server path that will be used to store generated reports. Reports that are generated by NSM Reports are saved in this location and a download link is sent to the report's recipient email address. It is mandatory that this directory has sufficient read/write permissions assigned to it. We suggest that this directory should be outside of the public website directory for security.
- Download permissions
- The member groups that have been checked in this part of the form are granted permission to download generated reports hen they have logged in. It is strongly recommended not to allow guests or members to download reports as this can create a serious security vulnerability.
Copy the reports you wish to use on the website the the correct reports directory, keeping the directory structure intact. When you have copied the report you will see the report appear in the Reports list on the NSM Reports dashboard.
The following options are shown for the general settings:
These options control the report download permissions for your website. Member groups specified here are granted permission to download generated reports if they are successfully logged in. The following options are shown for the download configuration: